EDISON workshop: from infrastructure to skills for insight and value
The goal of the meeting is to draw attention to the importance of managing critical competences and skills for the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) and other Research Infrastructures in an environment that includes competition such as industry. The goal is to agree recommendations for competences and professional profiles, training, certification needed for the research community. Particular attention will be paid to the EDISON Data Science Framework (EDSF) and what it can offer from a training and organisational perspective.
10:00 - 16:00
- Background to this meeting - previous Brussels meeting and work of EDISON
- RI perspective: a selection of challenge scenarios
- EDISON Data Science Framework: overview
- Issues, opportunities and priorities - facilitated discussion
- Agreement on future actions
- Wrap up
Who should attend?
Representatitves from EU Research Infrastructues and EOSC, particularly those concerned with training, education, recruitment, management and policy. Those invoved in coordinating and leading Open Science. Those interested in strategy and policy relating to data science skills and competences.
Steve Brewer (EDISON Dissemination and Engagement)
Yuri Demchenko (EDISON Project Leader)